FRIDAY, 15 MAY, 2020
We thank the Almighty for His Grace and protection over us even in the wake of the global outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic.
THE SCHOOL PROMOTION CRITERIA
Parents/Guardians are advised to continuously charge their children/wards to strive towards meeting up with the School promotion criteria so as to earn promotion to the next class. New students are particularly advised to take note of the promotion criteria:
· SS Arts students: 5 credits including English Language, Mathematics and any three of the following subjects: Lit-in-Eng; Government; History; IRS/CRS; Visual Art/Music/French; Yoruba; Igbo; Hausa; Biology; Geography and Economics.
· SS Commercial students: 5 credits including English Language, Mathematics, Economics and any two of the following subjects: Financial Account; Commerce; Government; Geography; Biology and Visual Art.
· SS Science students: 5 credits including English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and any of the following subjects: Biology; Geography; Economics; Further Maths; Technical Drawing; Agricultural Science; Food and Nutrition and Visual Art.
· JS students: 7 credits including English Language and Mathematics.
The minimum credit pass is 50% and the school has a standard policy on this. Parents/Guardians are advised to take note of these requirements and encourage their children/wards to study to achieve academic excellence.
After the closure of schools in Nigeria due to the outbreak of the Corona virus pandemic, some parents have advocated a switch to online learning. They stated that online teaching will be the right channel for students to acquire knowledge during this period of lockdown. They counseled that the COVID-19 pandemic, which has disrupted so many activities around the world, should not stop students from acquiring knowledge.
Consequently, the School commenced e-teaching on Wednesday, 6 May 2020. The e-teaching takes place on the whatsapp platform created by the school. Parents are enjoined to ensure that their children are on the whatsapp platform. The school seeks to achieve the following objectives with introduction of the e-teaching
1. To seek for another medium to transmit knowledge to students during this lockdown period.
2. To seek for means to bridge the gap between the School and students during the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown.
3. To keep the students in practice and study mood such that it would not be difficult to commence teaching and learning after COVID-19 pandemic lockdown.
4. To prepare students, staff and parents for life after COVID-19 pandemic.
5. To stimulate continuous study in both teachers and students during this COVID-19 stay-at-home order.
PAYMENT OF SCHOOL FEES
Parents/Guardians are to note the following:
a. School fees for the third term 2019/20 session are as follows:
JS1, JS2, SS1 and SS2: Staff: ₦56,000.00 Non-Staff: ₦76,000.00 [Account Number 2005514731 at First Bank]
b. All duplicate bank tellers showing appropriate cash lodgement are to be forwarded to the School for the issuance of receipts. Scanned copies or photocopies are not acceptable.
c. Parents/Guardians interested in online payment can do so. For such payments, ensure that the narration of payment includes the name and class of your child/ward and the purpose of the lodgement (e.g. James Akintunde, JSS 2A; School fees). The online generated transaction report/cyber receipt should be saved and sent as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. The payment will be acknowledged by the issuance of receipt, which concerned parents can pick up from the Accounts department of the School.
Thank you and God bless
Phebean O. Olowe
The school released the third term bill because some parents demanded for it. Parents are free to effect payment now or when the school resumes for third term. The school is not charging fees for the on-line teaching. The main purpose of the on-line teaching is to help students remain in touch with their academic work such that it will not be difficult to commence teaching and learning after COVID-19 pandemic lockdown. After the lockdown, the school will resume for third term and physical teaching will take place for all subjects in all classes.